- Posted 14 June 2022
- Salary US$25 - US$31.50 per hour
- DisciplineLife Science Recruitment
- Contact NameRachael Jalbuena
Golden, CO (Hybrid with average 2-3 days in office)
12+ month initial contract
Shift Time: 9 AM -5 PM
Hourly Rate: $25-31.50/hr depending on experience
Orion Group is seeking a detail-oriented and efficient Accounting Clerk to work on a hybrid setting with our global medical device manufacturing client in Golden, CO.
Primary responsibilities will revolve around procurement and accounts payable management with a supporting role in accounts receivable administration.
This associate will be partnering with our team of remote accountants and collaborate cross functionally with sales & operations onsite to manage the procure to pay cycle from purchase requisition to the submission of invoices for payment processing. On a weekly basis, additional responsibilities will include the issuance of the invoices/statements to customers and the management of customer payments received at the office. The associate will play a pivotal role in process reengineering and identifying continuous improvement opportunities to lead and drive change.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Managing the purchase order process and maintain a smart tracking system that will include confirmation of goods received
* Assist with the matching of PO and non-PO expenditures and work quickly to resolve issues to process incoming vendor invoices received
* Partner with team to issue customer invoices/statements weekly
* Address incoming calls from customers regarding their accounts, including the processing of credit card payments at the office
* Take inventory of checks received from customers and reroute to lockbox for cash application
* Assist with month end close including preparation of information for accruals and account reconciliations, as needed
* Maintain strong internal controls for financial security and compliance
* Ad hoc reporting and other duties, as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
* Minimum of 1 -3 years of experience in an Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk or similar role
* Knowledge of basic accounting principles, including reporting requirements
* Strong organizational skill, plans and assigns resources in a detailed fashion
* Well versed in Microsoft Office particularly Excel (including Pivot Tables / V-lookup functions)
* Syspro and/or Microsoft AX ERP experience a plus
* Sense of urgency and attention to deadlines and details; is committed to excellence and understands how daily work impacts the customer
* Prioritizes effectively, acts with speed and agility as new information emerges
* Committed to continuous improvement
* Motivated by the challenge of new work; comfortable with ambiguity; proactively seeks answers
* Uses language and behavior that consistently reflects respect and value for diverse backgrounds; experiences and perspectives
* Team player and works collaboratively across the business for maximum impact
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.