For an oil and gas operator we have a long term contract opportunity for an expat Accountant in Algeria on a 28/28 rotation - starting late quarter 1 2023.
Key purpose -
- Conceptualize and design efficient IT solutions to meet the needs of Finance department, mainly on reporting side.
- Communicate with GB staff to better understand their role and document day to day work in the form of 'Desk Procedures'.
- Coordinate needs expressed by colleagues to develop and implement technological solutions including suggesting advance technologies such as Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
- Plan and supervise new systems implementation mainly in budgeting and reporting areas, playing a pivotal role on behalf of Finance Department within larger systems deployments projects.
- Monitoring and updating of these systems according to the evolution of the environment.
- Prepares Operating Expenses (OPEX), General & Administration (G&A) & Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) reports for managers and develops new ones (Budget analysis)
- Monthly Variance Analysis and Forecasting Updates
- Ad Hoc projects
- Year End, quarter end and month end duties
Participates in internal audits
- Ideally will be degree qualified (preferably in accounting or bachelor's degree in a Business discipline plus relevant experience) but this is not essential
- Must be at least part qualified accountant - ideally fully qualified
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant tax, accounting and systems experience, preferably with familiarity with existing Algerian regulations and IFRS
- English language skills are essential
- Good knowledge and prior experience of using Essbase, Oracle Financials and SAP is desirable
- Understanding of US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act & UK Bribery Act is a plus (not essential).
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.