888987 - Site Mechanical Rotating Supervisor
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Site Mechanical Rotating Supervisor, based in Oman.
- The engineer is required to actively supervise the EPC Construction activities, to ensure work is planned and executed as per the scope, within the allotted schedule, cost and resources.
- Plan and control the correct installation of the mechanical (rotating) equipments such as Electrical motor driven Centrifugal Compressors with Voith Vorecon and Centrifugal pumps including all auxiliiaries.
- Ensure that work does not start without all essential HSE systems in place
- Work as a team member of CGS3 Head of Construction team where all members are supporting each others.
- Representing CGS3 in all mechanical interface activities, and chair the meetings with contractors.
- Review the resources are adequate and highlight the need for additional or demobilization of resources when needed.
- Ensure work is coordinated appropriately and completed as per schedule.
- Ensure activities of Contract Management Scheme are adhering to at all times.
- To attend meetings/discussions at COMPANY main office during rest days if required.
- Check scopes/MTO of the projects construction packages etc, to ensure efficient and timely implementation.
- Be actively involved in, and provide input to, drawings and work-scopes for the projects such that the practical aspects of construction are addressed in such documents.
- Handling all technical queries and investigating all field mechanical related problems including the drawing of field sketches, when necessary.
- Through frequent co-ordination meetings, plan a smooth interaction between mechanical construction activities, other disciplines activities, equipment suppliers specialists and ongoing operations, with the target of minimum disruption at all times, especially in avoiding deferment of production and minimizing shutdown times.
- Ensure that all mechanical construction works are carried out in accordance with the contract procedures and specifications. Carry out regular inspections of work sites to ensure technical compliance and to eliminate conditions and practices that could lead to HSE incidents.
- Ensure that as-built drawing mark-ups are prepared by construction contractors on completion of each construction job, and do spot checks on accuracy of same.
- Implement and ensure the agreed HSE and quality standards in his engineering work. By personal example, actively promote HSE standards and awareness in contractor personnel, as well as participating in HSE inspections and audits on construction activities/contractors'' logistic support facilities.
- For every construction job before it commences, and in conjunction with the Contractorâ€™s site representative, perform an HSE hazard management analysis, namely:
- Identification-(what could go wrong? what is the root cause?
- Assessment (how serious would it be? how probable is it?)
- Control-(is there a better way? how can it be prevented?)
- Recovery-(how can the consequences be limited? how to recover?).
- Assist in punch list compilation as projects near completion and assist the assigned Commissioning Engineer with Commissioning activities and project handover.
- Ensure that each job order is correctly (technically and financially) closed-out on completion of the work, and that all unused materials related to his projects are properly returned to stock.
Skills & Experience
- University Graduates with extensive experience in Mechanical Construction facilities preferably in oil/gas development, incorporating project management, construction and commissioning.
- Considerable experience spent as a Construction Site Supervisor in Gas compression projects.
- Experience in gas and condensate systems.
- Knowledge of other engineering disciplines outside of core discipline, and conversant with client DEPâ€™s and International engineering standards.
- Good spoken/written English and PC literacy essential.
- Experience in both green-field and brown-field type developments.
- Familiar with HSE construction requirements.
- Strong team player with a positive and open attitude.
- Ability and confidence to work with minimum supervision and lead a teams.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 888987.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.