888682 - Pre-commissioning & Instrument Shutdown Supervisor
Our client is one of the largest international Oil & Gas companies in the world with operations covering the entire energy chain. The group operates in over 130 countries and employs over 95,000 personnel worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Pre-commissioning & Instrument Shutdown Supervisor, based on rotation in Nigeria.
- Ensure the transfer of the installation to Field Operations team for Commissioning.
- Coordinate all instrumentation activities relative to pre-commissioning.
- Participate in the preparation & revision of the pre-commissioning documentation.
- Liaise with the QA/QC to ensure that RFI test reports and NCR are closed out.
- Prepare and review of pre-commissioning procedures, checks, test, mechanical installation of instruments in line with the P&ID, etc, and supervise these activities on field.
- Ensure that inspection and continuity tests are carried out in safe and controlled manner.
- Sign off pre-commissioning tests, checks sheets and verify ICAPS database progress.
- Witness and participate in Vendor site activities.
- Ensure that planning, coordination, execution and follow up of all pre-commissioning activities are done in strict compliance with the specifications:
- Conformity checks
- Monitor instrumentation device, checks and testing
- Instrument and electrical equipment checks and testing
- Attending and generating punch list as a part of mechanical completion, checks and test activities. Ensure there are no category A punch list items at the end of pre-commissioning activities.
- Liaise with Construction and Commissioning teams.
- Prepare progress reports on all commissioning activities.
- Attend and participate in meetings upon request.
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Electrical or Instrumentation engineering.
- Broad knowledge in instrumentation construction and pre-commissioning procedures.
- Extensive experience in construction in Oil & Gas and at least considerable experience in pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Previous successful experience of a complete pre-commissioning (commissioning, punch list and closeout).
- Multi-discipline experience due to direct involvement with other disciplines.
- As-built documentation for system completion.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills are required for this service.
- Computer Literacy.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 888682.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.