Job Reference Number 889549 - Maintenance Electrical Engineer
Our client is currently looking recruit a Maintenance Electrical Engineer, based in India.
- To maintain integrity of power generation, grid power import and distribution system functions.
- To maintain grid switch yard, gas turbine generation, substations and HV/LV switchgears.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of load shedding implementation schemes, PLC based power management systems, Siprotech & Simocode relays, Gas Turbine Generators, DCS interfaces, HV switch gears, Breakers, UPS Systems, Grid Power Import, Relay Co-ordination and Emergency Power Systems.
- To maintain grid islanding schemes, relay testing, auto changeovers of GTG - Grid, UPS Power Supply systems and Emergency power systems
- To maintain field electrical assets like HV/LV drives, HVACs, UPS, lighting and heaters etc.
- To keep track of technology updates/obsolescence management for site electrical assets.
- To issue and audit electrical permit system in line with Electrical Safety Rules.
- To execute preventive and pro-active maintenances if electrical systems like bus bar maintenance, generator maintenance, major overhaul of drives, complying with high standards of HSE.
- To develop and/or review procedures / method statements for critical electrical systems including black start procedure.
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with company Group's HSE policy and procedures.
- To be focal for investigating all failures and suggest improvement in the system.
- Meet with customers, agents, and Government Officials and be able to make presentations regarding equipment and techniques used.
- To be focal for spares management and inventory control.
- Develop a highly competent and motivated team.
- To develop development programs for sub-ordinates and training module for O&M staff about the electrical systems.
- To maintain and develop contractors.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from reputed college/university with moderate experience in oil and gas industries.
- Working experience on PLCs, Smart relays, protection schemes and state-of-art substations.
- Proven track record in engineering and maintenance.
- Valid Electrical Supervisor's license from relevant government authority.
- Good Interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
- Knowledge of English (must) and other Indian languages Gujarati / Hindi (preferable).
This is a permanent position.
Salary is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 889549.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.