96356 - ESP Advisor
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of ESP Advisor, based in Iraq.
The ESP Advisor reports to the Wells ESP Manager with a functional reporting line to the Iraq Wells Engineering Manager. The role will be responsible for ensuring ESP engineering and operations are efficiently delivered and optimised for the field requirements. A strong working relationship with the Subsurface, Operations, Projects, and other Wells teams is essential.
- Lead by example and demonstrate a strong commitment to HSE
- Assurance of the technical integrity of the operations and compliance with in-country law, corporate policy, international standards and guidelines
- Achieving best-in-class performance through the application of performance management practices and driving supplier performance
- The identification and application of value enhancing, innovative and new technologies
- Advise on all aspects of ESPs to ensure delivery of safe and environmentally sound ESP engineering solutions, on time and within budget
- Support department managers in developing the field ESP engineering and operations organisations
- Manage and coordinate the daily activities of ESP Mentor
- Assure development of local staff through structured training and mentoring
- Create and maintain ESP related procedures, checklists and other documentation
- Ensure Lessons Learned are reviewed, implemented and tracked
- Lead DIFA activities for all pulled equipment
- Ensure well files are accurate and maintained
- Support contract tendering process for ESP and other related contracts (power systems, infrastructure etc)
Skills & Experience
- Educated to at least first degree level in an engineering or related discipline
- Vast industry or related experience with at least extensive experience in ESPs
- A track record of delivery in a range of ESP engineering, operations and leadership roles
- Detailed knowledge of electrical submersible pumps, variable speed drive and power generation systems is essential, including:
- Design and Sizing (Application)
- Program development (procedures, checklists etc.)
- Field service & field service management
- Internal design and components
- Bypass systems
- ESP packers
- Power systems
- System commissioning
- Failure analysis
- Experience with multiple ESP vendors and working in remote locations; Middle East land based environments is preferred
- A proven ability to coach, train and mentor staff to international standards
- Knowledge of ESP contracts tendering and execution
- A proven ability to coach, train and mentor national staff
- Flexible approach to work
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 96356.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.