892972 - Document Management Lead
The objective of Project Information Management is to provide a service to effectively manage and deliver timely, accurate information (documents, data & models) generated, collected, integrated and transferred by the Project into (and beyond) Operations - "building the digital asset".
Working as a member of the GPO Project Information Management Team and reporting directly to the Subsea Group Project Information Manager (PIM) this role will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of project document management services (currently) for the NaKika GPO Projects'. This role will be Houston based and will require some travel between offices.
Governance and Control
* Ensure the effective application of the Project document management processes, procedures, coding standards and tools
* Support PIM to develop key project documentation such as Information Handover Specification & Plan
* Responsible for oversight and assurance that Contractor document control function conforms and delivers to Client standards
* Support and assure execution of information handover to Operations (or other specified recipient)
* Utilise and share lessons learned from/into Local Learning System
* Where required, lead a small team of Document Controllers
* Assure that Contractor teams have capability and direction to deliver document management services to the Project in a safe and efficient manner
* Responsible for maintaining integrity of the Central Document Library.
* Ensure provision of an accurate and unbiased view of project information status to both the Project Information Manager and the wider Delivery Team
* Support Project Information Manager in responding to Project queries and status requests
* Ensure information is handed over in accordance to Information Handover Specification (IHS), format and agreed schedules.
* Develop and maintain interfaces with key project stakeholders
* Liaise regularly with Asset Document Control (where applicable) to ensure concurrent engineering activities are appropriately managed and controlled
* Represent the PIM Document Management function at relevant project meetings or workshops (e.g. Engineering Meeting, Project Service Meetings)
* Support and champion GPO document management standardization objectives through the provision of training and other knowledge sharing activities
* Liaise with the Contractor Document Control Lead regularly
* Research and maintain awareness of GPO policy and business best practices for engineering documentation
* Serving as single-point-of-contact for the project team and operating asset team for the management of project documentation and the supporting applications
* Deliver efficient, effective and secure management of drawings and documents that includes document capture, handling, coding, updating, distribution, and oversight of access control permission to various groups and teams in line with agreed Project business rules and utilizing the agreed Central Document Library (CDL).
* Ensure all Project stakeholders have the correct levels of access to Client CDL and provide the necessary levels of training and guidance on their use
* Maintain document registration, archiving and disposal procedures
* Oversee the assignment of document numbers to Client and EPMS Contractors
Essential experience and job requirements
* Relevant professional experience gained from at least two different job roles related to engineering document management on projects or business assets (ideally Operator based with full lifecycle experience)
* Excellent communication and influencing skills, across the whole project irrespective of seniority, organizational or contractual boundaries
* Team Leadership or management experience and desire to develop these through training and hands-on experience
* Experience using electronic document management systems for controlling and reporting project data
* Experience working with large contractor organizations and performing effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment
* Experience & IT skills working with the interfacing of electronic systems
* Strong commitment to HSSE
* High level of self-motivation
Desirable criteria and qualifications
* Engineering background
* Experience in Oil and gas sector
* Previous experience in the Client role