890085 - Contracts Administrator
Our client is a leading member of the petroleum industry. With over 100 years operational experience, they are on of the largest producers of crude oil and natural gas.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Contracts Administrator, based in Calgary.
- Gain alignment on project contract administration needs, objectives and requirements
- Review entitlement on all CORs (Change Order Requests) including distribution and responses
- Expediting of CORs and tracking status of endorsement to ensure cycle time is minimized (key procurement metric)
- Maintain and manage in and out logs which encompasses writing letters, filing documents, and stewarding various logs (COR's, Material Requests, Subcontractor approval, Enabling CO's, etcâ€¦)
- Reviews project instructions and deviations for contract impact (entitlement)
- Verifies attainment of milestone completion certificates
- Communicate on project contract administration & subcontracting activities, progress and issues
- Support Contract Close-Out Activity
Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering disciplines, Business or Supply Chain Management
- Significant Contract Administration experience
- Will have administered major EPC, EPCM, CM or C contracts - with values in excess of $100M
- Experience in construction, maintenance, drilling, or production services contracting, experience in major capital projects contracting is preferred
- Intermediate to expert contracting skills
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- Upstream experience would be very beneficial but not required
- Effective interpersonal skills to interface with contractors and business clients
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a virtual organization
- Ability to strongly defend the company's positions during negotiations
- Willing to travel to both MY and Kearl site on an as required basis since no site CMT support
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 890085.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.